- Results visible at 11 ± 1 minute after application of the sample.
- Rapid, qualitative immunochromatographic lateral flow test cartridges designed for the detection of allergenic food proteins.
- Designed to detect both processed and unprocessed allergen proteins.
- Test can accommodate environmental swab, CIP rinse water and food samples.
- The 3M™ Egg White Protein Rapid Kit is intended for screening for the presence of egg white proteins in clean-in-place (CIP) final rinse water, environmental swab samples, food ingredients and processed food products.
The 3M Egg White Protein Rapid Kit utilizes a lateral flow device (LFD) that is an immunochromatographic test method utilizing antibodies which are specific for the detection of egg white proteins. Positive results are visualized by the presence of three lines: a control line, a hook line and a test line, when the egg white protein is present in the range of concentrations from a lower level of 0.5 ppm and a higher level of approximately 10 mg/mL of egg white protein in saline solution (0.9% sodium chloride). These limits may vary depending on the matrix tested. Samples containing more than 10% of egg white may result in an invalid test which will result in the absence of the hook line and/or test line.
Limit of Detection (LOD)
Bakery, Beverage & Bottled Water, Confectionary, Dairy, Eggs, Food Services & Catering, Grain & Oilseed Milling Sector, Ingredients, Meat, Nutraceuticals, Nuts, Poultry, Reference Labs, Sauces & Spices, Seafood
Environmental, Food & Beverage