- Results visible at 11 ± 1 minute after application of the sample.
- Rapid, qualitative immunochromatographic lateral flow test cartridges designed for the detection of allergenic food proteins.
- Designed to detect both processed and unprocessed allergen proteins.
- Test can accommodate environmental swab, CIP rinse water and food samples.
- The 3M™ Gluten Protein Rapid Kit is intended for screening for the presence of gluten proteins in clean-in-place (CIP) final rinse water, environmental swab samples, food ingredients and processed food products.
The 3M Gluten Protein Rapid Kit utilizes a lateral flow device (LFD) that is an immunochromatographic test method utilizing a poly-clonal antibody which is specific for the detection of gliadin in Wheat, Rye (secalins) and Barley (hordeins) proteins and has shown to have no cross reactivity with other cultivars including Oats (avenins). Positive results are visualized by the presence of two lines; the test line and the control line, when gluten protein is present at or above 5 ppm for food raw ingredients, processed food products and CIP or rinse water solution, and at above 5 μg/mL per 100 cm2 for surfaces. These limits may vary depending on the matrix. The dynamic range of the 3M Gluten Protein Rapid Kit has been shown to be 2.5 ppm and >100,000 ppm. The upper limit of detection has not been reached even when testing pure toxic grains.
Limit of Detection (LOD)
Bakery, Beverage & Bottled Water, Confectionary, Dairy, Eggs, Food Services & Catering, Grain & Oilseed Milling Sector, Ingredients, Meat, Nutraceuticals, Nuts, Poultry, Reference Labs, Sauces & Spices, Seafood
Environmental, Food & Beverage